Import concerns revisited

Walter Bright newshound at digitalmars.com
Wed Jul 12 12:05:22 PDT 2006

Derek Parnell wrote:
> Oh for Bob's sake ... you mean the primary purpose of D is to write
> sample programs and examples? How did I miss that!!?? I thought it was
> to be a real language to write commercial applications with rather than
> an educational tool/toy. Sorry I misunderstood.

I didn't mean it's useful to make D a language to teach people about
programming. I meant it's useful for teaching D to people.

It's not always true, but languages that are less wordy in their example
code tend to be picked up faster. People's first projects in D aren't
going to be large, complex, professional products. They'll want to just
try it out on something simple. That bar should be as low as reasonable.