Private visible?

Lucas Goss lgoss007 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 17:11:38 PDT 2006

Dave wrote:

> It will look for and use the one in your module. If it is in your
> library that is also imported, then you'd get something like:
>
> mylib.d(123): function mylib.baz conflicts with otherLib.baz at
> otherLib.d(456)
>
> Then right now you could alias or hopefully soon use the new import
> syntax to disambiguate.
>
> - Dave

That makes no sense to me (I understand what you're talking about, but
it's like a gotcha). How could my public function conflict with a
private function? I think the problem is that private functions are
imported into the current namespace (I'm pretty sure that's been said
before).

I remembered what I was thinking previously...
Is there any way to make private functions only be available by fully
qualified name lookup and not imported into the current namespace? Or
would that be too much work?

Lucas