D Change Proposals

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeirosATgmail at SPAM.com
Sat Jul 15 11:47:45 PDT 2006

Ok, I was thinking of how to improve the way the community manages D
language feature requests, change proposals, etc., and I have come forth
with a idea I've mentioned before of using the Wiki to keep track of
language proposals (called D Change Proposals?).

The point of having a wiki entry is to either help create a final
proposal (by detailing the different alternatives, etc.) or to simply
keep track of the status quo of the proposal (what are the issues, the
possible solutions, what does the community think, what does Walter
think, etc.)

I have created a wiki template:
http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?DCP_Template
which offers a template for a Change Proposal document, and some
guidelines for the respective proposal process. Do give your comments,
thoughts, etc.
Note that the template is mostly a collection of suggestions that I
wanted to present (and open to collaborative editing). It is not about
strict adherence, one can use parts of it, variations, etc., In fact as
you can see, the template is not complete/finished, nor has to be. The
parts with "?" are more particularly open for comments.

Here is an example DCP:
http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?DCP_DefaultPrivateImports

--
Bruno Medeiros - CS/E student