D Change Proposals

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeirosATgmail at SPAM.com
Mon Jul 17 09:37:38 PDT 2006

Justin C Calvarese wrote:
> Bruno Medeiros wrote:
>> Ok, I was thinking of how to improve the way the community manages D
>> language feature requests, change proposals, etc., and I have come
>> forth with a idea I've mentioned before of using the Wiki to keep
>> track of language proposals (called D Change Proposals?).
>
> Kind of like this existing page?
> http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?FeatureRequestList
>
> Anyone is welcome to contribute to the FeatureRequestList and its
> subpages, but not many have (especially not recently).

Yes, it's like that, only with some additions:

* The requirement that people write a proper summary of the proposal
(instead of just linking to NG discussions).
* Enabling voting/rating, which was also suggested in that page (but not
implemented).

> (But I guess DCP sounds cooler anyway, right?)

Well, I think maybe the name turned out to sound too formal for what it is.

--
Bruno Medeiros - CS/E student