D Change Proposals

Bill Baxter Bill_member at pathlink.com
Mon Jul 17 21:34:53 PDT 2006

In article <e9gea2$i8q$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Bruno Medeiros says...

>Justin C Calvarese wrote:
>> Bruno Medeiros wrote:
>> (But I guess DCP sounds cooler anyway, right?)
>>
>Well, I think maybe the name turned out to sound too formal for what it is.

It's not too late.  Why not DEP?  D Enhancement Proposals.  Or is that too much
a rip off of Python?  If so, then how about
DAP -- D Addition/Amendment Proposal
DIP -- D Improvement Proposal
DOP -- D Overhaul Proposal
DUP -- D ...uh ... Unencumberance Proposal :-)

You get the idea -- at least make it something with a vowel so you can pronounce
it. Then it won't remind people of all those TPS reports they have to fill out
at work.  :-)

--bb