Proposal: Make imports private by default

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeirosATgmail at SPAM.com
Tue Jul 18 12:55:16 PDT 2006

jcc7 wrote:
> In article <e9g5q6$81k$2 at digitaldaemon.com>, Bruno Medeiros says...
>> Knud Sørensen wrote:

>>> Bruno are you familiar with the D wish list ??
>>> http://all-technology.com/eigenpolls/dwishlist/
>>>
>>> http://all-technology.com/eigenpolls/dwishlist/story.php
>> Yes I am, remember this? :
>> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/29253.html
>> (see the last post)
>
> He wrote in http://www.digitalmars.com/drn-bin/wwwnews?digitalmars.D/29517:
>
>> Indeed. I think a feature/change feedback system would be nice (even
>> if a simple one), but I don't think a poll system works at all for that
>> purpose. One should have a voting/ranking for each individual
>> feature/change, not a ranking amongst them. And it would also need
>> the following:
>> * User Autentication (to avoid duplicate votes)
>> * Allow negative voting. (i.e. deslike)
>
> Well, the wiki doesn't exactly solve the duplicate votes problem either since
> people could still log in under multiple names (though the wiki would alleviate
> the problem). I suppose it would allow "negative" voting, though.
>
> jcc7

When I said that a poll system wouldn't work for that, I didn't mean as
to prevent abuse. I meant just that I prefer an absolute ranking(with a
possible textual comment) rather a relative numeric ranking.
I didn't think about ranking abuse, and I hope that we are not yet at a
stage that we have to worry about that.

--
Bruno Medeiros - CS/E student