Is D 0.163 D 1.0?

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 22 00:59:45 PDT 2006

Walter Bright wrote:
> I think the title says it all.

As part of the answer.. I've setup a 'flag' in bugzilla called
'd1.0blocker'.  If there's a bug you feel should be considered a blocker
for 1.0, please set the '?' state.  Walter has been setup as the only
person who can change the ? request to a + approved or - denied state.

I suggest that discussions for specific bugs and why they should or
should not be blockers for 1.0 be taken to the .bugs newsgroup and not
be part of this thread.

---

As to my opinion.  0.163 fixed one of the bigger outstanding issues, but
I'd like to suggest that this release be given time to bake and that
users be given some time to explore it for problems.  That will give you
some time to work through some of the known bugs.

A gut feeling suggests that some time should be spent on linking and
debugging related bugs.  Secondary to dmd and the 1.0ness of it, the
docs have some gaps that have been pointed out (though not a whole lot
of filed (thus trackable) about the website).  The abi is an example
that comes to mind.

 From a functionality standpoint things are about ready, it's time for
the weeks of polishing.

Later,