constness for arrays

Derek Parnell derek at psych.ward
Sat Jul 22 01:57:20 PDT 2006

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 18:03:33 +1000, Andrew Fedoniouk
<news at terrainformatica.com> wrote:

> There is no way in D to implement this. Sorry, but this is true.

Agreed.

The ':=' operator could be one solution. I suggest that when applied, it
should only copy one level deep and if one needs deeper copies then the
opCopy() function could be overloaded to provide that functionality. Of
course, we should also have opXXX functionality when using basic types and
arrays.  Hopefully, this concept can be seriously considered for v2.0

--
Derek Parnell
Melbourne, Australia