Is D 0.163 D 1.0?

John Demme me at teqdruid.com
Sat Jul 22 17:04:06 PDT 2006

Gregor Richards wrote:

> clayasaurus wrote:
>> Dave wrote:

>>> I say it's ready for 1.0.
>>

>> vote++
>
> In my opinion it's unwise to make a point-oh release of anything
> immediately after major, sweeping changes.  A few months more time for
> people to submit major language change ideas before closing it up (which
> I presume 1.0 would imply) would be a good idea.
>
>   - Gregor Richards

A few more month's time for people to recommend changes!?!?  Phfff- we've
being doing that for years!   IMO, we've got the features we need for D
1.0.  A few more bug fixes would be nice (#146) but those can be done after
1.0.  More time for the new imports, sure, but no new features!  Let's do
this already!

--
~John Demme
me at teqdruid.com