Is D 0.163 D 1.0?

Peter C. Chapin pchapin at sover.net
Sun Jul 23 04:40:08 PDT 2006

Reiner Pope wrote:

> I like this idea. I also know that other people have said before that a
> 1.0 release should be quite polished, and that libraries are important.

It seems to me that an official 1.0 release will encourage library
writers who might be waiting for D to stablize before investing too much
time creating libraries for it. Everyone knows that "1.0" means "first
cut." I don't think extensive libraries are necessary at this point.
Relative stability of language features, however, would be desirable so
that extensive libraries could be created without too much reworking
later on.

Peter