Is D 0.163 D 1.0?

Peter C. Chapin pchapin at sover.net
Sun Jul 23 18:49:16 PDT 2006

Dave wrote:

> IIRC, Walter has recently stated that D is already as stable as many
> compilers out there. We happen to have a highly visible bug list and
> regression tests that probably make things look worse than they really
> are _relative to other compilers_ who don't publish this stuff.

Just to clarify: in my original posting I was using the word "stable" to
refer to the language specification and not the compiler itself. A
library writer would prefer a stable language to design against over one
that is perceived as being in a state of flux. Compiler bugs are a fact
of life. Obviously the fewer bugs the better, but bugs can be worked around.

Peter