Is D 0.163 D 1.0?

Dave Dave_member at pathlink.com
Mon Jul 24 07:11:33 PDT 2006

Don Clugston wrote:
> Georg Wrede wrote:
>> John Demme wrote:

>>> Has anyone recommended that 0.163 should be labelled RC1?  I think this
>>> would be fair- hopefully it would focus attention from language
>>> changes to
>>> finding major bugs/flaws and the "Shop's closed- let's clean up and ship
>>> it" mentality.  It would tell people who are maintaining libraries to
>>> bother to update them to 0.163 so they will work with 1.0.
>>
>> This sounds quite reasonable.
>
> I agree. 0.163 seems like a solid feature base to build 1.0 libraries
> around. But I wonder how long Walter will be able to restrain himself
> from adding new features; I think he'd get bored after a dozen releases
> containing nothing but bug fixes. <g>

I'm actually hoping that one of the reasons for releasing 1.0 now is
because Walter wants to get to work on 2.0 <g> (Not that 1.0 isn't good
enough, just that it's fun to "play" :))

I'm curious - are there really any "show stopping" type bugs out there
for v1.0? By show stopping I mean bugs that completely prevent a given
design pattern allowed by the current language spec.

Thanks,

- Dave