General Problems for GC'ed Applications?

Karen Lanrap karen at digitaldaemon.com
Tue Jul 25 01:13:19 PDT 2006

Dave wrote:
> You're making the original assertion that it's a problem - I
> believe the onus is on you to prove that it would apply to
> efficient design patterns using D <g>

If efficient design patterns using D forbid memory leaks, then there
will never occur any garbage in any application.

This would rise the question why the GC is enabled by default.

If on the other hand memory leaks do appear I have a running example
that shows a side effect of enabling the GC similar to what I have
brain stormed.

As far as I can see, this side effect is neither documented here nor
have I found any mentioning in other resources on the net.

But according to those Unknown guys here, its of no interest here
anyway.