General Problems for GC'ed Applications?

Tommie Gannert tomime at gannert.se
Thu Jul 27 12:37:00 PDT 2006

Karen Lanrap wrote:
> Tommie Gannert wrote:
>> Perhaps we should look at the GC as a RAD tool for initial
>> development
>
> Yes, but then the GC has to be disabled by default for the release
> versions---and for non-releases there has to be a runtime error
> message, if a sweep starts but the gc is not enabled explicitely.

That wasn't my intention. More like "should work towards removing the
GC'd objects", but not enforcing it. THe corporate guys won't mind the
GC. They'll mind the extra two days it takes to fix deletes everywhere.

The message should be available (after GC) including what objects were
collected (the profiling tool mentioned later in my post).

/T