Article on D in Spanish

Deewiant deewiant.doesnotlike.spam at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 00:49:57 PDT 2006

Hasan Aljudy wrote:
> clayasaurus wrote:
>> Walter Bright wrote:

>>> Very nice, thanks for doing this. Here's the google translation:
>>>
>>> http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.simplexit.com.ar%2Feditorial%2Fsimplex%2Fnotas%2Fnumero13%2Fa9053160-5912-41e1-996f-bb52cb9426f1.articulo-compuesto%2Findex-detalle.html%3Fproduccion%3Deditorial%2Fsimplex%2Fnotas%2Fnumero13%2F48283414-f596-4e2b-99b8-2ac0b5297a7f.produccion-contenidos&langpair=es%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools
>>>

>> Ah yes, D will become great once we complete the phantom bookstores.
>> Nice article!
>
> haha .. phantom bookstore!
> Does anyone know the real meaning of the original Spanish phrase?

Educated guess from someone who speaks no Spanish:

The phrase is "el espectro de librerías", which Google translates as "the
phantom of bookstores". Well, "librerías" fairly obviously means, at least in
the context of programming, libraries. So now we have "the phantom of libraries".

"El espectro" is a bit trickier. A bit of creativity might have solved this, but
I resorted to an online Spanish->English dictionary: "espectro" apparently means
either "spectrum" or "spectre". Reading it as "spectrum" makes sense: what we
have is a spectrum of libraries, i.e. a broad range of libraries.

So my best guess of the phrase's meaning is just that, "a number of libraries
for various tasks", or something to that effect.