General Problems for GC'ed Applications?

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Fri Jul 28 07:50:19 PDT 2006

Karen Lanrap wrote:
> Walter Bright wrote:
>
>> that would be a terrible design if it did.
>
> Then have a look what the code below compiled (dmd 0.163; win) is
> doing under XPSP2.

Assuming this is actually a problem then it's likely just with the
allocator strategy, not with GC as a technique.  For example, I have a
small program to test multithreading in D and XP reports its memory use
climbing steadily as it runs, even though it should remain roughly
constant insofar as the code itself is concerned.  I've wondered whether
some leapfrogging is going on, but haven't bothered to look into it.

Sean