auto, var, raii,scope, banana

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeirosATgmail at SPAM.com
Sat Jul 29 13:20:22 PDT 2006

Regan Heath wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 23:28:24 -0400, Chad J
>> I really don't like the idea of dropping a language feature just for
>> the sake of having a particular syntax that, IMO, is not intuitive.
>
> It's the same syntax you see in C++ for a class that has it's destructor
> called at the end of the scope. That, to me, makes it intuitive. For
> what reason do you find it un-intuitive?

Are you saying it is intuitive because *it is the same syntax as C++* ??
I hope not, because being the same syntax as C++ not only does not make
it intuitive, but it also likely has the inverse effect: making things
un-intuitive.

--
Bruno Medeiros - MSc. in CS/E student