GUI library

Lucas Goss lgoss007 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 06:20:39 PDT 2006

freeagle wrote:
> ... And what would you like it to be
> capable of. I have my own ideas, but i dont want to make something that
> pleases me, but will be refused by majority of the devs.

I've been toying with the same idea (OpenGL GUI), but I haven't got
around to thinking about it too much...

I think it would be great to have the GUI library flexible enough that
it could be used in a 3D engine but at the same time be usable in a
stand alone application. Of course the main problem is that 3D engines
usually want to control all OpenGL calls to make the rendering as
efficient as possible.

I've also had some ideas for flexible transition effects, so I'm
interested to hear how you envision this part of the system. But that
can be discussed later...

Lucas