GUI library

"Rémy J. A. Mouëza" ray.jay.ay.moueza at do.not.spam.gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 09:41:24 PDT 2006

I have also thought about doing this kind of library OpenGL+SDL based.
Terra seemed to show no more sign of activity. However, before starting
to code anything, I searched the web to find if anyone had already tried
to do the same in C, since it is binary compatible with D.

I found two libraries that interested me ( I no longer remember why
there were especially interesting ):
- Agar: http://agar.csoft.org/index.html.en
- OTK: http://otk.sourceforge.net/

I had several ideas about using these :
- making a binding to D.
- wrapping the functions and structures into a hierarchy of D classes.
- making my own library, using the code as a template to rely on a
proven design. That latter idea is too much unrealistic for me, all
alone, but you may find it usefull.