email client lib

BCS BCS_member at pathlink.com
Fri Jun 2 14:48:59 PDT 2006

In article <e5od0i$2kk4$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Unknown W. Brackets says...

>I don't know, but it's dirt easy.  Are you looking for something that
>just does the sendmail communication for you, or a simple SMTP client?
>
>I've written and used both in D.  I personally prefer SMTP, because it
>works on Windows too, but sendmail can (can) be more efficient and
>requires less runtime setup (e.g. hostname, username, and password.)
>
>-[Unknown]

I was hoping to go the SMTP route. I have tried it with telnet (successfully)
and tried to write a function to do it (with a little less success). I'm a bit
hampered by not having a known good SMTP server accessible. If you would be
interested in sharing your code I would really appreciate that.
What I'm looking at doing is a lib for a sort of automatic assert failure
reporter that would e-mail in a stack-trace and other misc state when an assert
trips.