email client lib

Unknown W. Brackets unknown at simplemachines.org
Fri Jun 2 21:22:10 PDT 2006

Sure.

First, I recommend Exim, if you're on Linux or similar.  Otherwise, I'll
have to suggest something like Argosoft or IMail, but I don't really
like either of those.  Windows SMTP servers aren't so good in my
experience.  Maybe I should fix that, but I don't have time at the moment.

http://www.unknownbrackets.com/examples/d/smtp.zip

This is just really trimmed down code from my use of it, and I didn't
spend much time on it.  There are comments, but if you have any
questions or if anything doesn't make sense, let me know.

It's not in a class, because I was too lazy to slop all the functions
(which are much more separate in my use of them) into a class, but I can
do that if it makes it more understandable.

It also isn't really written for sending emails to multiple recipients
in one round.  It would only take minor changes for this, though (just
RCPT TO, really.)

As it would happen, I'm using this for a daemon that runs on a server,
checks various services on the server, diskspace, the like, and sends
off various emails if anything is a rye.  Similar to your plan, somewhat.

-[Unknown]