D vs D (Digital Mars vs Sun)

Jeffersonian Jeffersonian at Monticello.com
Sat Jun 3 19:45:49 PDT 2006

Bob:
  D is a successfull derivative of the Eiffel language (developed by
Bertrand Meyers).

Lets here applaud here both the authors of Eiffel and the one of D who could
tap and put all in one fairly well designed language the best of Eiffel,
and C (I would say the low/bit level features).

... and get rid of the worst of C (possibly the C macros and
macroprocessor?).

When very early in the game, I read the D specifications, I thought it could
be a winner.

Now that it is close to this, it could possibly also be a winner in the
embedded system area, but of course it will imply a port to the most
popular processors (ARM, MIPS, OWERPC... and more).
Hopefully the documentation will make this an easy for who whish to endeavor
in this area. (I may be interested).

---