dchar unicode phobos

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Wed Jun 7 08:49:28 PDT 2006

Johan Granberg wrote:

> Yes I have needed support for dchar[] with functions like split ,
> splitline and strip in std.string.
> Yes your ways of doing the support looks ok, I would choose 3 thou
> instead of 1. It may bee because I'm not 100% sure about how 1 would
> work. (care to give an example)
> No I have not looked closly at mango yet. (Will do)

Oskar has an array template library that can do much of this, and I have
the beginnings of one in Ares as well.  The source is here:

http://svn.dsource.org/projects/ares/trunk/src/ares/std/array.d

As you can see however, half the functions are commented out because
template function overloading basically just doesn't work yet.
Eventually however, I plan to add split, join, etc.  These will probably
all assume fixed-width elements, with improved support for char and
wchar strings in a std.string module, as supporting variable width
encoding will slow down the algorithms.

Sean