STEP UP PHOBOS DEVELOPMENT 10 FOLD

Don Clugston dac at nospam.com.au
Tue Jun 13 05:39:11 PDT 2006

Georg Wrede wrote:
> We need to step up Phobos development to ten times faster than now. The
> current rate simply is not enough.

> We need more brain-cell-hours allocated to Phobos. And we need a
> transparent way of getting those brain cells working on Phobos.

> IMPORTANT: newbie friendly instructions on recompiling Phobos after
> one's changes -- simply _have_ to be available. (Unless they're newbie
> friendly, then the smaller/easier things never get done cause we all
> want to do "interesting" stuff, right?) Maybe I should even demand that
> Walter slightly modify Phobos files (or whatever), so that recompiling
> it by those new to D becomes a piece-of-cake.(**) It's the new guys who
> spot most of the crap we're already immune to. (Gurus too would fix
> things if it's easy enough.)

That's a great, really practical suggestion.
Could someone who has successfully compiled Phobos do this please, and
put it into the Wiki? I've never put the time into working out how to do
it. I'm sure it's been described several times in newsgroup posts, it's
probably just a matter of grabbing them together.