DGrammar - DMachine

pragma pragma_member at pathlink.com
Wed Jun 14 13:02:29 PDT 2006

In article <e6plrg$1usq$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Sjoerd van Leent says...

>Hello All,
>
>I stopped development at DGrammar months ago (perhaps more than a year
>ago). Nevertheless, I have come back and have made some decisions about
>what to do with it.
>
>1 ) DGrammar was build using YACC, and thus C, C++, Flex and Bison where
>necessary to get the beast compiled, and it didn't even do it's job the
>way I would like it.
>
>2 ) DGrammar was a bit of "make one messy file" architecture, which of
>course isn't about a professional environment.
>
>3 ) I've began at first writing boiler plate Machines. The first one is
>a PDA Machine (Stack machine), and I like it to be tested. Simply run
>"build" over dmachine.d. And enter something like:
>
>"dmachine aabbbbbaa"
>
>This is just an example, try to make some machines with it, I try to
>make it working better with the lambda problem I'm still having (it is
>solved Q&R now, which isn't the way I like it, any solutions would be
>welcome)

Sjoerd, have you considered using Enki to help you get development restarted?  I
know that the two projects share some basic similarities - heck, DGrammar is
what inspired me to write it in the first place.

Anyway, the whole thing is BSD licensed, so feel free to use it as you see fit.

- EricAnderton at yahoo