"The End of Native Code" (OT: Programmer's mentality).

Fri Jun 16 05:18:22 PDT 2006

Georg Wrede wrote:
> But I'm talking an entity here who is capable of lifting Walter from
> essentially a DIY guy (no offense!!!) to a King. I'm talking king here
> like Linus Torvalds, who still has the last say, works with it if/when
> he pleases.

I think the term you're looking for here is "Benevolent Dictator for
Life". Though according to Wikipedia[1] that term is (currently) used
only in open source projects, which D isn't. Not completely, anyway. But
anyway, a open source front-end and standard library might be close
enough. Especially as that's where the most important decisions (i.e.
the language and interface) are made :).

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benevolent_Dictator_for_Life