Optlink messages

pragma pragma_member at pathlink.com
Tue Jun 20 10:10:18 PDT 2006

In article <e793de$282g$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Jeremy says...

>C:\dmd\FreeUniverse>build FreeUniverse.d -cleanup -O -debug -inline
>
>C:\dmd\FreeUniverse>build FreeUniverse.d -cleanup -O -release -inline
>OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 7.50B1
>Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989 - 2001  All Rights Reserved
>
>c:\dmd\lib\phobos.lib(ti_double)  Offset 1C75EH Record Type 0091
>Error 1: Previous Definition Different : __init_10TypeInfo_d
>c:\dmd\lib\phobos.lib(ti_double)  Offset 1C778H Record Type 0091
>Error 1: Previous Definition Different : __Class_10TypeInfo_d
>c:\dmd\lib\phobos.lib(ti_double)  Offset 1C791H Record Type 0091
>Error 1: Previous Definition Different : __vtbl_10TypeInfo_d
>
>So, it seems to compile fine with -debug, but when I use -release, I get weird
>errors. This is using the new DMD v0.161 -- any ideas?

Out of curiosity, did you try using "-full" on the command line as well?

Let me preface this by saing that Build is an *awesome* tool for D.  I use it
exclusively when compiling my apps.

But bulid has one drawback: it doesn't distinguish between debug/release builds
when it checks the file times of your object files.  So if you build once in
release, update one or two files, and build again in debug, only those two files
will be recompiled - despite the fact that the mode of compilation has changed.

- EricAnderton at yahoo