appeal again: discard the syntax of private:, public: static:private{}, public{}, static{}.

Boris Wang nano.kago at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 24 19:28:40 PDT 2006

> On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 20:52:08 +1000, Boris Wang <nano.kago at hotmail.com>

>>>     int func2(...)
>>>     {
>>>     }
>>>     a_type var4;
>>>     int func5(...)
>>>     {
>>>     }
>>
>> If you can make a good enough solution for this problem, i'll give up.
>
> The problem you highlight with this example does not go away with either
> style of coding, because without seeing the code at the matching open
> brace, you can't tell what the scope of the contents is. For example, your
> example could begin with ...
>
>   private void xfunc() {
>
> making all the functions nested and thus sort of private. Without actually
> looking, you can't tell from just seeing the end of a braced code snippet.
>
>>> private int var;
>>>
>>> public int func( .. )
>>> {
>>> }
>>
>> this syntax has no other problem, except that some people don't like it.
>
> Oh well! Get used to the idea of free choice. Coders have been given the
> opportunity to code using the style that find helpful or best expresses
> their frame of mind. And that is not intrinsically a bad thing. I won't
> force my style on you and I expect that you won't force your style on me,
> okay?

I don't dislike each style syntax, except the problem i talk about.

What we discussed here, is not what you like or i like, if you really love
D.

>> The codes of mango project is more beatiful than the others i readed.
>
> Yes, it is lovely code and easy to read. Well done Mango team. A lot of
> that has got to do with adhering to coding standards regardless of what
> those standards are.

Hmm, you have admit that the syntax without colon and curly braces can
produce readable and maintainable codes.

But, the syntax with colon or curly braces,  has the problem of
expansibility.