Proposal keyword 'outer' (mixins)

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeirosATgmail at SPAM.com
Mon Jun 26 05:07:21 PDT 2006

Tom S wrote:
> Bruno Medeiros wrote:
>> Tom S wrote:
>>>
>>> That's the point. The rules for mixins must change as they are
>>> inconsistent and error prone at the moment. IMO they should only be
>>> granted access to the outer scope thru the 'outer' keyword and by
>>> default only see the scope of their declaration.
>>>

>> Ok, but then that's a whole other issue altogether.
>
> Uhmm... how ? You said it didn't make sense for mixins and I claim that
> it does and that they will benefit from the 'outer' keyword. Actually,
> it's more important for them than for inner classes, as the current
> rules for mixins are way borked IMO...

'outer' for mixins only makes sense if you change the instantiation
rules for mixins. What I was saying is that adding 'outer' for inner
classes is a whole different issue than changing the instantiation rules
for mixins, despite seeming related because they would both use the
keyword 'outer'. (and as such the two issues shouldn't bundled as one ;) )

--
Bruno Medeiros - CS/E student