Any idea when the 1.0 spec will be out?

Don Clugston dac at nospam.com.au
Mon Jun 26 23:40:56 PDT 2006

Boris Wang wrote:
> In addition, reference return type, variable template parameter, etc.
>
> The D is far from the 1.0 mile stone.
>
> It's good time for us to have a rest, may be one years, two years...,  :(

The problem is, you cannot develop a stable 1.0 library until you have a
  stable 1.0 language. (Important example: template container classes
can't be standardised until we know how good the implicit function
template instantiation will be by 1.0).
Secondly, features such as array literals, variable template parameters,
etc, have been stated to be a post-1.0 feature.