Any idea when the 1.0 spec will be out?

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeirosATgmail at SPAM.com
Tue Jun 27 10:42:51 PDT 2006

Don Clugston wrote:
> Boris Wang wrote:
>> In addition, reference return type, variable template parameter, etc.
>>
>> The D is far from the 1.0 mile stone.
>>
>> It's good time for us to have a rest, may be one years, two years...,  :(
>
> The problem is, you cannot develop a stable 1.0 library until you have a
>  stable 1.0 language. (Important example: template container classes
> can't be standardised until we know how good the implicit function
> template instantiation will be by 1.0).
> Secondly, features such as array literals, variable template parameters,
> etc, have been stated to be a post-1.0 feature.

Indeed so. And I think this is very relevant to D's development process
because it indicates that early Phobos/library development may not be as
productive as late development, because with early development, more
things may have to be changed afterwards. Perhaps this is the reason why
Phobos is less mature that the rest of the toolchain(the compiler)?
Note, I'm not saying early Phobos development is never worthwhile, (that
would likely depend on each particular case), I'm just pointing out too
this general consideration.

--
Bruno Medeiros - CS/E student