Scala Programming Language

sailormoontw sailormoontw_member at pathlink.com
Tue Jun 27 19:24:58 PDT 2006

Scala :
http://scala.epfl.ch/index.html

At the first stance the language is cool. Though I don't like the
Javascript-like syntax, and running in JVM makes it slow, and it's slower than
Java because it has another layer over JVM.

However, in the development of D, I still think some features can be
referenced...

By the way, the regular expression page of D
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/regular-expression.html
In the beginning it introduces the class RegExp, but in the following article,
the programs are written without the class RegExp, just the functions from
std.regexp take strings as input, why??