Compiler construction tools?

Rémy Mouëza ray.jay.ay.moueza at DoNtSpAm.gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 13:11:34 PDT 2006

In article <e7ulj3$b0d$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Joey Peters says...

>Are the following available yet:
>
>Lexer generator, Parser generator, Graphics library; preferable all
>simple and dandy, working 100%, and fast. Perhaps even developed along
>the lines of compatibility with each other (lexer and parser).
>
>-- bg info --
>
>I was going to use this to try and make a virtual aether. Science is
>trying to prove this new aether but Einstein said it was "stupid" in his
>special theory of relativity. However, it is a special theory.
>
>In this virtual ether, I wanted to make scripts that define the
>properties of singularities operating in a time space configured by
>mathematical formulas. If visualized, this throws graphically stunning
>effects such as different types of fractals...
>
>I am not smart enough to make these tools myself. I barely have an idea
>how to start this project or how the procedures must look like. I was
>thinking along the lines of logic shapes and defining how they are
>"mutilated" in a custom language. It is for my artistic side, to make
>some dandy looking fractals that nobody has seen before (in such a
>pattern etc).
>
>JavaScript or existing tools worth embedding, are all too slow. I wanted
>a compile time fractal generator to improve in rendering considerably.
>Rendering fractals or virtual singularities on such planes requires a
>lot of processing power even for something as simple as a mandelbrot.
>
>The difficult part, is interpreting the code, and dynamically allocating
>programming in memory and setting the PC there. This will require some
>assembly...
>
>I may just wait another 6 years with this though due to some mental
>conditions I've been having.

For GUI you may have a look at the Wiki4D :
http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?AvailableGuiLibraries

Yesterday, I made a search about available GUI libraries, written in C and based
on SDL and OpenGL with the idea to make some bindings using Gregor Richards' BCD
available on dsource :
http://www.dsource.org/projects/bcd
BCD contains itself some bindings to GUI libraries: FLTK and Gtk-2.

I was interested by the following libraries :
Agar : http://agar.csoft.org/index.html.en
and OTK : http://otk.sourceforge.net/
Both open source and highly portable.

You may also consider using Arc :
http://www.dsource.org/projects/arcgames
wich includes a GUI library :
http://www.dsource.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1629&sid=9a079febf1c97488003ed068c20cdc43
However, that latter might not be as complete as Agar and OTK but is in the same
spirit.