C++

Walter Bright newshound at digitalmars.com
Fri Jun 30 10:38:08 PDT 2006

BCS wrote:
> Interesting, in both places snk_kid keeps harping on his claim that "D
> is a failed attempt to be truely better than C++ in *all aspects* which
> it isn't."

I've seen similar claims, and what they are are excuses to not use D
regardless. It doesn't matter to these people what D can do that is
utterly impractical in C++.

Another problem happens when people try to transliterate C++ code into
D. That doesn't work very well - you have to rethink things a bit.

Nevertheless, I still regard D as a better C++. Not in terms of being a
true superset, but in terms of being a better solution to the same types
of problems that C++ is targetted at. Note that C++ isn't a true
superset of C, either, although it is billed as a "better C".