What on earth is std.windows.d?

Don Clugston dac at nospam.com.au
Thu Mar 2 05:32:41 PST 2006

std.windows.d is really bizarre. It has many missing APIs, even some
from the early days of Windows.
For example, it has GlobalUnlock(), but not GlobalLock().
I found I had to add some function prototypes just so I could copy text
to the clipboard!
eg, EmptyClipboard(), CloseClipboard() which I suspect date from Windows
1.0.

I believe that legal issues prevent redistribution of the Windows SDK,
but at least we could use the public domain files from the w32api project?

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/mingw/w32api/#dirlist

I realise that anyone doing serious Windows programming is going to want
the lastest SDK; but unsophisticated users should be able to use D
out-of-the-box.

Bit of a 1.0 showstopper, I think. There doesn't seem to be much point
in including a windows.d that is so incomplete. Where did it come from?
It should at least have all the APIs that are over ten years old <g>.