Single char input in D

Deewiant deewiant.doesnotlike.spam at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 08:33:55 PST 2006

Bruno Medeiros wrote:
> getch() and getche() are not ANSI/ISO C (thus not "good ol' C"). They
> are Borland extensions if I'm not mistaken.

Nevertheless both getch() and getche() are extremely useful and deserve their
places in D, regardless of whether or not they are part of any C standard.

What I'd really like is a full Curses-type, platform-independent (well,
*nix/Windows) module in the standard library, but I'm fairly sure that's not
going to happen at least any time soon. Curses itself is just such a pain in far
too many respects.