static and protection

Bruno Medeiros daiphoenixNO at SPAMlycos.com
Thu Mar 2 12:20:56 PST 2006

Jarrett Billingsley wrote:

> And the problem that the OP posted is most likely related to the "protection
> attributes mean nothing if you use a fully qualified name" bug.

No, I think it is more likely related to the bug of protection
attributes only working for instance members, and no other entities. For
example, protection attributes also don't work for classes or structs.
As in:

   private class Foo {  // 'private' is effectless

Bruno Medeiros - CS/E student
"Certain aspects of D are a pathway to many abilities some consider to
be... unnatural."