DMD 0.148 - regular expressions

Ivan Senji ivan.senji_REMOVE_ at _THIS__gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 02:56:22 PST 2006

Walter Bright wrote:
> "Chris Sauls" <ibisbasenji at gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:du8kgk$tem$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
>
>>I hadn't even thought of that yet...  and I love it!  A server project of
>>mine uses the 'in' operator quite a bit, and I've always been annoyed with
>>predeclaring variables and whatnot.  Now I won't have that issue, so long
>>as Walter does the Right Thing (TM) and leaves this in.
>

> It'll stay in, but it'll be in the form:
>
>     if (auto p = key in AA)
>
> as just about everyone seemed to prefer that syntax.

Will this work:

if( auto a = something() && auto b = something())

a more general solution of declaring/initializing variables by parts of
expressions?

(auto a1 = x*y-z) * (1 - (auto a2 = sin(x+y)))?

That would be a nice feature, but maybe too complicated and not that
much used?