help: sendmessage function

John C johnch_atms at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 5 06:59:15 PST 2006

llee wrote:
> I'm trying to call the SendMessage function as defined in the windows api.

Because there's no such function. It's SendMessageA (the SDK headers
define SendMessage as a macro).

> Unfortunately every attempt to call it results in an error.
> Initially I tried calling the function directly assuming that it would have been
> imported into my applications namespace after:
> " import std.c.windows.windows; "
> this failed. So I tried:
> " extern (Windows) void SendMessage (HWND, uint, WPARAM, LPARAM); "

Try this
	extern(Windows) LRESULT SendMessageA(HWND hWnd, UINT uMsg, WPARAM
wParam, LPARAM lParam);
or for the Unicode version use
	extern(Windows) LRESULT SendMessageW(HWND hWnd, UINT wMsg, WPARAM
wParam, LPARAM lParam);