DMD 0.148 - regular expressions

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Mon Mar 6 12:09:35 PST 2006

Brad Roberts wrote:

>    For all variables declared in an if expression, they will be default
> initialized if their initializing expression is not executed due to short
> circuit evaluation.

I had the same thought.  But how much value is there in offering this
feature?  Since D defaults to trap values when possible, the user should
typically check all values that may have been default initialized before
using them, and this seems to reduce the utility of this syntax.  Though
I suppose this doesn't change the fact that there is a simple, valid
solution to the problem, which is the point you were trying to make.

Sean