D on WinCE / Windows Mobile and PalmOS

Chad J gamerchad2.no-ip.org/email.txt at LeftOfAtSignForEmail.meh
Mon Mar 6 18:14:28 PST 2006

I intend to write a game for PDAs, namely the WinCE and PalmOS
varieties.  One of the options I see is to use GDC as a compiler for
these platforms, which would let me use my favorite programming
language, D.  However, there seem to be a lot of obstacles, like a lack
of phobos.  Maybe I'd cross-compile it onto those, or use Ares, or I
dunno really.  I am inexperienced at dealing with GDC or GCC or any of
the inner workings of D.  How long would I have to work on this to just
be able to start writing my game?

Another obstacle I face is coming up with good SDKs.  Using Java would
save me a lot of time because of the excellent GUI support.  D does not
have much GUI support at all, IMO.  I've heard talk of porting SWT to D
and using that.  How long would that take to get working?