[OT] World Map of D Programmers

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 22:23:19 PST 2006

Hasan Aljudy wrote:
> John Reimer wrote:
>> Hasan Aljudy wrote:

>>> doesn't let me add myself! says calgary is an invalid city :/
>>

>> I saw that, but it says you need to allow auto-completion or something.
>>
>> If you do that, you will see it offer something like:
>>
>> Calgary, Alberta (Canada)
>>
>> It knows all the cities.  No worries about that. :P
>>
>> -JJR
>
> Thanks for the tip.
>
> In IE7, it tells me to enter my zip code!! even though I told I'm not in
> the US!!!

Yeah... when I first tried it, it identified my town exactly with
latitude/longitude; you could even see the streets... which made me a
little nervous about having my town pointed to like that on a map :).  I
got cold feet and unregistered again shortly later after a quick
investigation of the main frappr groups list (just one click away)... a
couple entries almost made me sick.  It doesn't appear that frappr has
any moderation or regulation of the system and that annoys me.

-JJR