Function overloading concern

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Thu Mar 9 13:25:08 PST 2006

I mulled this over a bit more, and I think the existing rules will work
so long as template code is carefully designed with it in mind.  For
example, where a template might rely on another overloaded template in
C++, it might be prudent to parameterize it in D.  And with classes as
reference types in D, there's a much smaller need for specialized swap
functions.  My only remaining concern is traits templates in D, as they
basically rely on cross-module overloading.  But perhaps this is
something best sorted out by experimentation--DTL will likely have to
deal with it sooner or later in any case ;-)

Sean