D - more power than (really) needed !

Don Clugston dac at nospam.com.au
Fri Mar 10 02:58:34 PST 2006

Thomas Kuehne wrote:

> Don Clugston schrieb am 2006-03-10:
>> OO has some great ideas. But overuse of OOP is a disaster. It's
>> unbelievably difficult to write good OO code on a large scale.
>
> So, how do you design/write lare scale projects?

Being careful to avoid over-zealous application of OO. In particular,
avoiding inheritance as far as possible; not defining something as an
object unless it really is an object.

I see inheritance hierarchies as being like goto. Seductive, looks good
in small examples, very popular at one time, still occasionally useful
-- but very dangerous.