D - more power than (really) needed !

Hasan Aljudy hasan.aljudy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 16:11:23 PST 2006

Georg Wrede wrote:
> Hasan Aljudy wrote:
>
>> Is skipping the analysis and design phases (i.e. diving right into
>> writing code) pragmatic or not?
>> You can say it's pragmatic .. if you're too lazy to do it! However,
>> you'll actually get the most out of your time if you do a proper
>> analysis and design first.
>

> I must live in the wrong country, or spend too much time with
> self-taught programmers, earning their living programming.
>
> Very seldom do I see one who actually thinks before he hits the
> keyboard. Whe I ask, they frown and say "I've already got it covered!"
> Yeah, right. And just looking at their code proves them wrong.

Haha.
I myself don't apply what I'm saying. Seldom do I plan my projects on
paper. Even when I do put something on paper, it's mininal.

I usually have everything in my head! Which is probably why it takes me
a loooong time to get things done!!

Fortunately I'm still a student and not in the industry, yet.