Sets yet again :)

Fredrik Olsson peylow at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 13:35:08 PST 2006

Hasan Aljudy skrev:
> Fredrik Olsson wrote:
>
>> Hasan Aljudy skrev:
>>
>>> Fredrik Olsson wrote:

<snip>
> You raise a valid point, but, for D, all we need is a standard Set
> class. It doesn't need to be built in.
>
> If you've writte a set class as you say, submit it to Walter, it might
> end up in phobos!

Perhaps you are right, but _I_ have found myself yearning for sets fifty
times as often than I have felt the need for imaginary and complex reals.

I will make them public shortly after gdc 0.18 is out, I think I can
make it much neater with the template additions added after dmd 0.140.
But then again, releasing it and making it part of Phobos might be a bad
thing(tm), as if people would find it very usable there is a threat of a
library implementation becoming the standard, when I still firmly think
it is something that should be part of the language. For looks,
optimization, and flexibility.

// Fredrik