D - more power than (really) needed !

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Sun Mar 12 00:27:25 PST 2006

Bruno Medeiros wrote:

> D progs running in a VM? It's an issue orthogonal to the programming
> language itself.

Maybe so, but both Java and C# makes a big deal out of running in a VM.
If everything is "going managed", then that leaves D "with assembler" ?

What I meant was that the trend seems to be towards scripting languages
and virtual machines. Especially with WinFX looming around the corner ?
(What if C++ and Win32 becomes "the sandbox", and C# and WinFX is the
real OS interface ? Could leave current apps where 16-bit ones are now)

Just a thought. (I happen to like assembler, plain old C - and D too...)
But a D frontend to a CLR/JVM backend, would be a neat thing to have ?

--anders