FastCGI?

Dejan Lekic dejan at nu6.org
Tue Mar 14 19:28:37 PST 2006

Hello Eric, nice to meet You. :)
I agree on almost everything You've written in Your post. DSP could easily
use dfcgi and everyone would be happy. Even though I am more GUI and
client/server developer, I would like to be able to do web development with
D as well, that is why I work on FastCGI implementation. The second reason
for it is that my server runs LIGHTTPD (http://www.lighttpd.net), which is
IMHO the best web server at the moment. Lighty (lighttpd) uses FastCGI, and
my PHP runs on it as php-fcgi...
I do not like ASP/PHP/JSP approach at all - i like to separate HTML (design)
and source code. My experience says to me that having code in HTML leads to
possible maintainance headaches. :) Anyway, dfcgi will soon be there for
testing.