Interesting language comparison article [OT]

Hasan Aljudy hasan.aljudy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 02:06:39 PST 2006

Unknown W. Brackets wrote:
> Ah, yes, that's a good point as well.  I'm very careful to only use
> reasonable-quality editors, such as Visual Studio (which actually
> auto-corrects this issue and clears lines that are just whitespace if
> you don't type anything on them.)

This is why I said it's kind of a high level concept. Too many
complicated tasks to take care of.
The low cohesion principle says that hard-wired tab character should be
removed because putting it in ascii code makes things way too
complicated, when they should be very simple!

Tabs are not elementary; spaces are.

> And, another point about tabs is that it makes it a lot easier to
> navigate code with the carrot.  I always assume people who hate hard
> tabs must not like arrow keys or something....

You know .. I wasn't there (where "there" refers to the whole computer
scene) before mice & guis.
I generally think that arrow keys are not the way to go for browsing
text. Just use a mouse!