FastCGI?

pragma pragma_member at pathlink.com
Wed Mar 15 05:33:26 PST 2006

In article <dv8181$1mm5$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Dejan Lekic says...

>Hello Eric, nice to meet You. :)
>I agree on almost everything You've written in Your post. DSP could easily
>use dfcgi and everyone would be happy. Even though I am more GUI and
>client/server developer, I would like to be able to do web development with
>D as well, that is why I work on FastCGI implementation. The second reason
>for it is that my server runs LIGHTTPD (http://www.lighttpd.net), which is
>IMHO the best web server at the moment. Lighty (lighttpd) uses FastCGI, and
>my PHP runs on it as php-fcgi...

Awesome. I'll have to check out lighttpd sometime.  As for DSP using fastCGI,
that might be an excellent approach for the days ahead until DDL is ready for
prime-time.

>I do not like ASP/PHP/JSP approach at all - i like to separate HTML (design)
>and source code. My experience says to me that having code in HTML leads to
>possible maintainance headaches. :)

I'll admit that the approach has its detractors, but its really all in how you
use it.  Ideally, I'd like something like DSP to allow for pure .d pages to be
served up the same as .dsp pages with embedded markup.  That way, the heavy
coding is in all the "code-behind" .d pages with .dsp scripts being mostly
markup with whatever glue is needed to talk to the rest of the app.

> Anyway, dfcgi will soon be there for testing.

Can't wait!

- EricAnderton at yahoo